I’m so pleased to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by @GoingWithHappy, thanks Shannon! For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers in the blogosphere in order to support each other. As I’ve only been blogging for a very short time, I’m so honoured to be nominated for this. As part of being nominated, you must answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you, then nominate 11 of your own favourite bloggers and ask them 11 questions of their own.
So, here are my answers to Shannon’s questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I finished my first year of university because I felt that my writing had improved a lot and I had ideas for posts. It’s a great way to release your feelings in a creative way and I’m a very keen writer so I’ve always wanted to have the confidence to blog about a variety of topics.
- What are your hobbies?
I love to shop for new clothes and create new styles, go on adventures, long walks, photography, make-up and of course, writing.
- What makes you happy?
The little things in life make me happy such as people smiling at me when I have eye contact with them, cuddles, stupid jokes, friendly company and making other people happy. These things may not mean much to other people but they make me very happy.
- What are your goals, both with the blog and in your own life?
I have no main goals with my blog. If it gets noticed at any point and I start making money from it then that would be a fantastic perk but honestly, I am just using it to release my feelings and opinions on certain topics. Right now, it’s just a bit of fun.
In my life, I hope to become a successful fashion journalist, travel the world then hopefully create my own family and settle down. Maybe its a bad thing to have my life planned out like this but this is just what I hope and wish for.
- What are things you’ve done that you feel have increased your blog traffic?
Twitter has increased my blog traffic by miles. Tweeting about my posts and interacting with other bloggers really gets your blog noticed.
- What does your daily routine look like?
Right now my daily routine is constantly changing because I’m not back at university yet. But when I’m at uni: I wake up, have a shower, go through my skincare routine, have breakfast, get dressed, go to uni, spend time with friends, have lunch, come home, do more uni work, make dinner and relax before bed. I’m now going to have to find a way to fit blogging into my routine.
- How do you stay on top of managing your blog, writing for it, and promoting it?
I plan ahead. I always keep a plan of blog posts and try to write them in advance so I always have drafts ready to upload on Mondays and Fridays. I schedule tweets in order to promote it and try to keep on track of my blog as much as possible by checking comments and replying and interacting with other bloggers.
- Who are your top 5 favorite bloggers to read?
- How can you be cheered up if you had a bad day?
By all the ways I mentioned under “What makes you happy?” Oh, and food.
- Do you prefer taking a bath or showering?
A bath, definitely! So much more relaxing.
- What is “your” smell? Your favourite candle, which perfume do you use?
My smell would have to be gingerbread. I love Zoella’s ‘gingerbread village’ candle and any other gingerbread scented things, although I’ve never had a gingerbread scented perfume. I just love the smell because it reminds me of Christmas.
Here are your 11 questions:
- What is the beauty product you use the most?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your favourite movie? why?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- Do you prefer summer or winter? why?
- What do you find the hardest about blogging?
- Would you encourage others to have a blog? why?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What do you like to do to relax?
- What is your ideal working environment?
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Feel free to mention me on Twitter @fayejessicaFN when you post your answers so I can read them!