This post is portraying the makeup look I’ve been rocking this season. It is in collaboration with the fabulous blogger @anna_bblog. You can find her makeup look and many more of her amazing posts at meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com, so go check her blog out.
In the summer, my wardrobe consists of bright and bold colours. So, I like to keep my makeup neutral with nude, gold and pink tones. However, I always compensate for that with a bold lip. This year, my go-to choice has been the Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in the shade Depraved. This lipstick is a beautiful, bright lilac colour and at only £1, it’s a real bargain!
So, here is this years summer makeup look…
Products I used:
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in the shade Ivory (100) applied to the full face with the Sue Moxley Foundation Brush.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in the shade Warm Beige (006) applied to the full face with the Real Techniques Powder Brush.
- Collection Bronze Glow Matte Powder in the shade Terracotta (1) applied to the forehead, cheekbones, jawline and nose with the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush.
- Benefit Dallas Blusher applied to the apples of the cheeks with the Real Techniques Blush Brush.
- L’Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Touch of Light Highlighting Pen applied under the brow bone, in the inner corners of the eyes, under the eyes and down the centre of the nose with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush.
- MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter in the shade Iridescent Gold applied under the brow bone, along the cheekbone and on the Cupid’s bow with the Real Techniques Setting Brush.
- The shades Strange, Blackheart and Dust from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I applied Strange all over the lid as a base, Blackheart in the crease and lower lash line and Dust all over the lid then blended the three with the Urban Decay Naked 3 brush.
- Makeup Gallery Pro Liquid Eyeliner on the upper and lower lids, with wings.
- Benefit Roller Lash on the top and bottom lashes.
- The shades Dark Blonde and Medium Brown from the High Definition Eye and Brow Palette in the shade Foxy (002). I outlined the brows with Medium Brown on the thin end of the HD Brush and filled in with Dark Blonde on the thick end of the brush.
- Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in the shade Depraved applied to the lips.
I’ve been absolutely loving this look throughout the summer. The gold and pink tones really blend together nicely and when the sun is shining on my face, it glistens. I may even consider bringing this statement lip back into my winter makeup look to compliment more cooler tones.
Discuss in the comments below what you think of the summer makeup looks created by myself and Anna as we’d love to hear your thoughts. If you have a look you’ve been loving throughout this season, let me know. I’d love to see it!